Monday, December 15, 2008

Clothes: I heart you.

I really, really like clothes. This was not always the case. But in recent years, I've discovered the thrill of finding well-made, perfect-for-me pieces that just make me...feel happy. But here's the thing: these items need to be reasonably priced. I'm a second-hand gal, and I love, love, love finding a named-brand pair of jeans, a super-cute top or a classic coat at my favorite second-hand boutique here in northern Michigan. I've even found amazing things at Goodwill. So you can guess how excited I was to find this web site: www.modcloth.com Not to mention, there's a very cool story behind how this site got started.

Definitely check out this site if you're:
a.) into vintage, unique clothing, accessories, cool little finds
b.) want to save $ - there's great deals all the time, plus get on their mailing list and you'll receive cleverly-designed emails alerting you to sales
c.) you have a sister who is a fashion student in Chicago and has a very cool and eclectic taste and you want to find something very fun for her for Christmas

Ok, that last point is for me. But maybe you have someone like this in your life. If so, go directly here. Really, it's fantastic.

3 comments:

Carr said...

I used to check second-hand shops regularly for jackets, but it's really hard to find anything for big and tall men. Do you know of anyone who specializes in second-hands for difficult-to-find sizes?

Heather Johnson Durocher said...

Hey Tom ~ Y'know, this is a very good question. I'm curious to know what second-hand shops you found that featured men's clothes at all. Aside from Goodwill, there's not much for men in this area, I've found. Have you checked out Top Drawer Resale Clothier, on 8th Street? I think they have some men's clothing, but it's mostly women's/children's...

Carr said...

I'll give them a shot. The one at Logan's Landing has men's clothes and usually some jackets, but never my size so far.